Xperia X8, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro users should party as they can now Download CyanogenMod 9 (Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM) on their devices!
If you were thinking that these android gadgets are pretty old now wel… that certainly doesn’t mean that they cannot get the taste of the brand new Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich. XDA member paul-xxx was able to port CM9 (CyanogenMod 9 based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich) to the following handsets: X8, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro. This is what xda says:
Since the launch of Ice Cream Sandwich, users have been patiently awaiting the delivery of stable ROMs suitable for daily use. Enter XDA Senior Member paul-xxx, who has managed to port CM9 to the X8, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro.
Just read carefully the instructions below in order to Download CyanogenMod 9 (Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM) for Xperia X8, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro:
- In the beginning check whether your phone is rooted and have ClockwordMod recovery installed. Than backup your personal data such as photos, videos, contacts.
- Head over to XDA frown thread for your specific device and Download the CyanogenMod 9 ROM for your device:
- After the downloadis complete transfer the .zip file to the internal storage / sdcard of your device. Make sure to place it directly in the /sdcard directory.
- You can shut down your smartphone and then enter in ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery mode with the key combination (google for you device combination since it is not the same from device to device).
- Make a android backup for your device with ROM Manager, switch on the phone and be sure to copy the backup image to your PC from/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup!
- Again enter the recovery mode, from CWM menu wipe data/factory reset. Make sure to delete cache and wipe Dalvik cache (in the advanced menu).
- At last from the main menu, install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [download CM( ROM .zip file]. Once completed, from main menu chose reboot system now. You will see the welcome intro from Ice Cream Sandwich.