The creators of the most successful custom ROM for Android are working hard in order to extend the functionality for some of the basic apps that are pre-installed on a lot of gadgets. App creator Xlythe in particular has been improving the CyanogenMod calculator and now it’s almost complete.
The calculator that is embedded by default with Android looks like an old abacus: simple, functional, basic, nothing more. It was just a matter of time before someone like Xlythe would come and would try to remedy this deficiency. The app we are talking about is completely open-source ( you can download the the source code here ) and was also accepted by CyanogenMod as the new official calculator app in CM 10, so we might see it soon in the nightly builds.
The CyanogenMod Calculator app is available on ICS and Jelly Bean because it is based on the standard app in Android 4.0. Here are some of the most important functions that it features:
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. Really, if I broke this I’m sure you guys would find a way to give me negative stars.
- Advanced functions like log, sin, cos and irrational numbers like pi and e.
- Calculate complex numbers.
- Graph X,Y functions.
- Matrix addition, multiplication, determinants, and eigen values.
- Hexadecimal, Binary support
- Displays history by pulling down from the top (long press to copy)
- Hide the pages you don’t need
- Tablet and Smartphone supported
You can install the app offered completely free without making any changes to your system files. Needles to say, it rivals some of the best paid calculator apps available.
Pros of (CM) Calculator app:
+ Lots of functions
+ Offered completely free
+ Graph with bold axises, pans, zooms
Cons of Calculator:
- Works only with Android 4.0+
Download CyanogenMod Calculator Android App here.